[linux-dvb] Avermedia A16D Remote

Dave Brown daveb21 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 14:35:35 CEST 2008

Hey All,

Just got hold of a Avermedia A16D Hybrid tuner to replace the Dvico I had
that never really worked the way I wanted it to. I've tried to configure the
remote using irrecord but unfortunately there's a couple of glitches in
terms of a couple buttons don't register (with accompanying kernel: saa7134
IR (AVerMedia Hybrid TV: unknown key: key=0x1a raw=0x1a down=1 message) and
a few buttons overlap (ie pressing the Info button actually registers as
pressing the 5 button while the 5 registers as a 5).

I don't reckon I have the skills / time to put a patch together to address
this but if someone points me in the direction of how to capture exactly the
data needed (ie button X = freq Y, button A = freq B) I'm happy to complete
this and forward to the list for potential inclusion into the source. I
think this is a win-win as I get a 100% working remote and I can help out
anyone else who happens to be using the device :)

If anyone is interested in what I'm proposing and can let me know how to
capture the raw data please let me know.

Cheers
Dave Brown