[linux-dvb] Compro VideoMate E650 hybrid PCIe DVB-T and analog TV/FM capture card

Thomas Goerke tom at goeng.com.au
Wed Aug 27 12:11:35 CEST 2008

> Thanks for doing that, it appears that the two cards (E800F and E650)
> have the same subvendor and product ids. Also the same i2c output...
> So this means that if I make a patch for DVB support in one, it will
> automatically be loaded for the other.  This however does pose a
> dilemma when looking at the analog side of the card.  However this can
> be hopefully tackled at a later stage.
> The key registers that I'm after are the states of:
> As I need to determine which port has the digital stream connected to
> it.
> Typically these are zero when not in use, so if you run the program
> when the tuner is not in use then run the DVB program you should see a
> change in state of one of these only.
> Can you also tune to an analog channel as well and let me know which
> one it is on (a, b or c).
> Thanks,
> Stephen.
> --
> Be Yourself @ mail.com!
> Choose From 200+ Email Addresses
> Get a Free Account at www.mail.com

I managed to install a copy of D-scaler (v4.1.11) which contained regspy
from http://www.dscaler.org/downloads.htm, but was unable to get regspy nor
d-scaler to recognize the Compro E800 card.  Thus I have been unable to get
the register dump you requested.  I can try again if you think that regspy
can be made to work with the card and any suggestions here would be