[linux-dvb] Signal strenght SNR and BER units

Franck Bvl franckbvl at free.fr
Thu Aug 28 00:31:35 CEST 2008

Hi,

Whith dvbsnoop or femon, we can view the values of signal strenght (16
bits),  SNR (16bits) and BER(32 bits). But what are the the scale and
the units of this values. I Googling everywhere and can not find the
meaning of its values. Are they're in DB ? I have just find, that the
BER for the TT3200 are in 10E-7 scale, but that depends on card and drivers.

Can You enlighten me ?

I want to convert the hexadecimals values or the decimal form in human
readable and explicit values.

Best regards

Franck