[linux-dvb] Looks like there's a new unsupported WinTV Nova T 500 out there

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Thu Aug 28 19:49:25 CEST 2008

Michael Krufky wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 12:10 PM, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
>> Michael Krufky wrote:
>>> Hauppauge Nova-T-500 model 99101 works out-of-the-box , if you are
>>> using the latest drivers hosted on linuxtv.org.
>>>
>>> This was a false alarm -- it's all supported.
>> Great news, and sorry for the false alarm, but did you see my reply?
>> Turned out I had built the latest drivers. Any idea what else I
>> might be doing wrong?
>

> Try a different PCI slot.
>
> If that doesnt work, then please show full dmesg.

Tried a different slot. Tried a different computer (running
SuSE 10.3, plust latest build of drivers from linuxtv.org.
Still nothing. Here's my dmesg output.

I'm going to try the card in a Windows machine. Didn't
want to pollute that machine with the extra drivers, but
I guess now it's looking like a dead card.

Cheers,
	Paul.