[linux-dvb] Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T-500 New Firmware (dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw) causes problems

Devin Heitmueller devin.heitmueller at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 06:44:23 CEST 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 12:25 AM, Thomas Goerke <tom at goeng.com.au> wrote:
> Devin,
>
> Is it worth updating
> (http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-T-500#Firmware) to
> include some information related to having to use the patched source code if
> using the .20 firmware?

Average users probably shouldn't be using the 1.20 firmware until the
patch is checked in to the v4l-dvb, so we can control which devices
use 1.20 and the new i2c functionality (based on actual testing).

My original plan was to keep everybody at 1.10 in the initial patch,
and once maintainers of individual devices tested 1.20, they could
submit a patch to make that the default for said device.  Patrick felt
strongly that 1.20 should be a drop-in replacement for 1.20, but based
on this evening's experience I'm thinking we should go back to my
original plan.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller