[linux-dvb] cat: /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0: Value too large for defined data type

barry bouwsma free_beer_for_all at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 31 10:35:51 CEST 2008

--- On Sat, 8/30/08, Goga777 <goga777 at bk.ru> wrote:

> "cat: /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0: Value too large for
> defined data type"
>
> is it possible to fix it ?

This is a result of error EOVERFLOW.

I found mention of this in some very old documentation I have
but which doesn't appear to be present in the very limited
searching I've done on the existing source repositories.

I also can't find a particular pointer I read years back, which
led me to tweak the value of DVB_BUFFER_SIZE in dvb-core/dmxdev.h
so solve some problem I can't remember.

The documentation points to DMX_SET_BUFFER_SIZE.  Programs like
`szap' seem to set this to 64k.

Hope that gets you started in the right direction...

barry bouwsma