[linux-dvb] DiSEqC trouble with TT S-1500

P. van Gaans w3ird_n3rd at gmx.net
Tue Feb 12 13:24:53 CET 2008


Hi,

I've got a Technotrend S-1500 (if it matters: I use it with Kaffeine 
0.8.3). It works mostly fine, but there's a strange problem. With my 
Spaun 4/1 DiSEqC switch (they cost approx 25-40 euro), I can only switch 
without trouble to position 1 and 2. If I tune directly to position 3 it 
won't lock.

However, if I first tune to a channel on position 1 or 2 and try a 
channel on position 3 after that, it will work. Position 4 however is 
completely unreachable.

On a standalone receiver, there's no trouble with the same cable.

Now Spaun is a really expensive and respected brand. So their switches 
possibly work in a different way, because a cheap Maximum 4/1 switch 
works perfectly with the S-1500. Position 1, 2, 3 and 4 all work 
perfectly. I also did some "dry testing" indoors and it looks like a 7 
euro Satconn 4/1 switch would also work fine, but a 17 euro Axing SPU 
41-02 probably won't.

I'm guessing this could be solved in stv0299.c but I'm not much of an 
expert. I took a look at the code but I'm not really sure what to do.



More information about the linux-dvb mailing list