[linux-dvb] Update on sticks using RealTek RTL2831U: Freecom rev 4 14aa:0160, Conceptronic DVB-T 14aa:0160 and RealTek 0bda:2831

Jan Hoogenraad jan-conceptronic at h-i-s.nl
Thu Feb 14 20:07:54 CET 2008

A group of people is putting effort into getting DVB-T USB sticks based
on the rtl2831u chips working under Linux.
The group now consists of about 10 people working via this mailing list.

The current driver successfully compiles and loads on a modern Linux
kernel, however it fails to communicate with the associated tuner chip.

We have just contacted RealTek for further help.
As soon as we know more, we'll let you know.
At that moment, we'll also send out more specific E-mails to those that
own a similar stick and that have contacted either Barnaby or me.

I hope this E-mail with a status update is of help to you the readers of
this list.