[linux-dvb] Pinnacle PCTV Dual Hybrid Pro PCI Express under Linux?

ldvb at ns.bog.msu.ru ldvb at ns.bog.msu.ru
Fri Feb 15 13:53:48 CET 2008

There is nothing to do without a good doc for the chip.
For now, I have 8-10 cards with SAA7162 without any acceptable answer from
NXP. Yes, there was (is?) the note on the site, that there is a driver for
Linux. Yes, I've got cards hoping, that there is a chance, that
driver could be developed (and I can participate in development) in
few months. So, we are waiting approx. 1.5 years. It seems like a kind of
crime, when somebody says that it is a good gold thing, You've spend Your
money, but without any effect: thing is made of copper. Local
representatives are asking the same  question about the value of the
market, but after such a question contact delays for months, and idea of
NDA is there too.

Thanx!