[linux-dvb] Tools to edit TS files

Andrea mariofutire at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 15 20:39:37 CET 2008

Hi,

I'd like to edit TS files (recorded with gnutv for instance).
Basically I'd like to cut, paste and join to skip commercials.

Is there a tool for that out there?

Otherwise I was thinking of writing one.
I understand that I must cut on a 188 bytes boundary and that should be the only requirement.

1) Reading the Transport Stream page on wikipedia, it seems there is a timer PCR. Can I use it to
know about the time?
2) Can I cut at the end of a frame so I avoid spurious frames in the first seconds?

But again, does anybody know a tool for that?

Andrea