[linux-dvb] How do you stream the entire MPEG-TS with dvbstream?

Nico Sabbi Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it
Sat Feb 23 10:39:33 CET 2008

Il Saturday 23 February 2008 07:15:41 Adam Nielsen ha scritto:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've just installed a new DViCO FusionHDTV dual digital 4 (which appears
> to the PC as two USB "Zarlink ZL10353 DVB-T" devices.)
>
> I'm trying to set up dvbstream to send the whole transport stream across
> the network to another PC, but I can't get this to work.  If I do
> something like this:
>
>   dvbstream -f 226500 -gi 16 -bw 7 512 650
>
> Then it works fine, I get video and audio on the other PC and about
> 500kB/sec network use, but if I do this:
>
>   dvbstream -f 226500 -gi 16 -bw 7 8192
>
> Then the network use goes up to 1.7MB/sec but the picture and sound
> arrive corrupted, as if I have extremely bad reception.
>
> Using an old version of dvbstream with a Hauppauge Nova-T this works
> fine, except in that case I have 3MB/sec of network traffic with the
> same channel.  It's almost as if the latest version of dvbstream doesn't
> correctly capture the whole MPEG-TS stream from the card.
>
> Has anyone else gotten this to work?
>
> Thanks,
> Adam.

with the same drivers and a different version of dvbstream?
In any case you should always try a fresh cvs checkout of dvbstream.
A simple test you should run  is this:

 dvbstream -f 226500 -gi 16 -bw 7 -o 8192 > dump.ts
and try to play the dump.ts from another terminal. If you see corruptions
then report back, please.
P.S. 1.7 and 3 MB/s are really low bandwidth usage that shouldn't cause any
trouble