[linux-dvb] TechniSat SkyStar HD: Problems scaning and zaping

Vangelis Nonas vnonas at otenet.gr
Mon Feb 25 22:26:22 CET 2008

Hello,

I have tested again changesets 7201 and 7205 with verbose 5, 2 and 1
scanning 101 transponders on Hotbird (I attach my transponders file --
it is taken and adopted from ProgDvb).

Here are my statistics:

Changeset   Verbose  channels
--------------------------------
7201         1        2152
7201         2        2105
7201         5        2081
7205         1        1760
7205         2        1608
7205         5        1578

It is very strange that using the 7205 changeset (all verbose) Zagros TV
for instance and all other channels on transponder
S 11727000 V 27500000 3/4
are NOT found.
But if you try and scan with a transponder file containing just a single
line for the failing transponder it works correctly!!! (again 7205
changeset and all verbose).

Moreover, I have noticed that when you scan a single transponder and you
have placed only one entry in the transponders file, the program (scan)
actually scans more than one, often many transponders. Is it normal? I
thought scan only checks the transponders it finds in the file.

Anyway I attach the kernel log of scanning this transponder:
S 10758000 V 27500000 3/4
The transponder itself does not fail, but other transponders it "jumps
to" fail. The log was taken with change set 7205 and verbose 5. It is
1.5MB, I hope Manu got it at his private email.

Regards
Vagelis