[linux-dvb] STB0899 users, please verify results was Re: TechniSat SkyStar HD: Problems scaning and zaping

Seppo Ingalsuo seppo.ingalsuo at iki.fi
Fri Feb 29 20:12:59 CET 2008

Simeon Simeonov wrote:

> Did you try changing line 250 in mantis_dvb.c to:
>                 if (!lnbp21_attach(mantis->fe, &mantis->adapter, LNBP21_PCL, LNBP21_ISEL)) {

I tried mantis-a9ecd19a37c9. Without the change success in positioning
was about 0% similarly as with multiproto-0448e5a6d8a6. After this
change the success in zapping between different satellite positions
increased to about 40% so it looks now promising and vdr satellite
channels are usable with some patience :^)

Is there some kind of soft-diseqc bit timing used with this DVB-S2 card
or driver SW (I didn't yet look at the source) or why is the operation
so unreliable? I had to use command duplication in vdr-rotor plugin with
my old card but with that it was about 100% reliable.

Which DVB-S2 multiproto driver tree should I follow for latest
development for TT S2-3200 (/Skystar HD)?

Cheers,
Seppo