[linux-dvb] Leadtek WinFast DTV Dongle Gold Remote issues

Antti Palosaari crope at iki.fi
Thu Jul 3 16:04:18 CEST 2008

Alistair M wrote:
> Hello Antii,
> I have compiled in your latest build.
>
> What seems to be happening is, in the terminal or even a text editor,
> when i press any button on the remote control, that character (eg. 0)
> will be repeated as text on the terminal or text editor. So if i for
> instance press the key 0 on the remote, while i have a text editor open,
> it enters the number 0 continuously, like this:
> 000000000000000000000000000000... in the editor, or terminal window, or
> any text input field.

hmm, I think I know the reason. Actually this is due to hardware bug. I
think I have older silicon revision that returns error code when polling
remote events and there is no event. You have a newer silicon that does
not return error any more. Current remote polling code in the driver
relies that error code. I will fix that soon, it is easy to fix.

> Does that make sense...
> Its past midnight here in Australia so i have to get to bed as i have to
> work tomorrow, i'll email back in the morning.
> Thank you Antii.
> Alistair.

regards
Antti