[linux-dvb] Kaffeine 0.8.7 released

hermann pitton hermann-pitton at arcor.de
Tue Jul 8 00:41:02 CEST 2008

Am Montag, den 07.07.2008, 17:42 +0100 schrieb Darren Salt:
> I demand that Goga777 may or may not have written...
>
> > btw
> > when Kaffeine  will support multiproto api  and h.264 ?
>
> We could do with multiproto support in xine-lib... contributions, anybody?
> :-)

Despite that, seems Manu should have that decision, however,

we could also start to collect some statistics about what works already
for HDTV like BBC HD without S2 and were are confusions/instabilities if
we go through the apps like kaffeine/xine, mplayer and vlc already
supporting h.264.

That's for to know how good the decoder already really is
and to get a better idea were hardware support still is lacking,
which is difficult to decide within current error scenarios.

Cheers,
Hermann