[linux-dvb] Initial work on: TerraTec Cinergy S PCI [14f1:8800]

Julian Picht julian at summer06.de
Wed Jul 16 01:55:26 CEST 2008

Hi List,

if is there anybody with a TerraTec Cinergy S PCI please try the
attached patch (against current hg) to test if the vertical transponders
work. Voltage switching is not implemented so horizontal transponders
won't work.

With this patch applied I can tune. On some channels a signal is
detected but FE_LOCK fails. I never used this satellite receiver
installation before, so I don't know if it actually works. I would be
REALLY happy if ANYONE could try this!

Many thanks to Manu Abraham for his mb86a16 tuner driver implementation,
which actually seems to work with the cx88 driver with no problems.

ATTENTION: This patch is a hack! Don't use it if you don't know what you
are doing. Don't expect it to add real support for the mentioned pci
card. This driver is very experimental and in a very early state of
development.

Regards,
Julian Picht