[linux-dvb] TT S2-3200 driver

Remy Bohmer linux at bohmer.net
Thu Jul 17 22:11:55 CEST 2008

Hello Marc and Ales,

Good news: I have the tools up and running and can tune into several
channels :-))
I even have a patched 'scan' tool that works to be able to generate a
channels.conf file from scratch.
Scanning channels works fine, it generates a proper channels.conf file.

So, while using szap2 to tune to a channel. I noticed some things:
* On a standard FTA channel (DVB-S) on Astra 19.2E, I see some
distortion during watching the channel. After some time (say 10-30
seconds) the link get lost, and I do not receive any data anymore
until the next tune-request with szap2. Sometimes the lock comes
quick, sometimes szap2 keeps retrying until it times out.
* On DVB-S2/HD channels (e.g. Arte HD) I only get sound, but that is
probably because I use the wrong tools (tools not supporting DVB-S2)
to read data from /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0.

> with szap2 you also can tune to FTA channels using the option "-p" and read
> the stream from your frontend dvr (/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0) with mplayer for
> example..

Can you please tell me how to do this with mplayer? Because I did not
manage that with mplayer directly.
Here mplayer blocks on the stream, and no audio/video is displayed.

Kind Regards,

Remy