[linux-dvb] Re : szap - p - r options (was - T S2-3200 driver)

hermann pitton hermann-pitton at arcor.de
Mon Jul 21 05:00:33 CEST 2008

Am Freitag, den 18.07.2008, 08:04 -0400 schrieb manu:
> > p"
> > and read
> > mplayer for
> >

> > btw, could someone explain me what's difference between szap - r and
> > szap - p options ?
> >
> > when should I use -r options. when - p or both -r -p ???
> >
> >   -r        : set up /dev/dvb/adapterX/dvr0 for TS recording
> >   -p        : add pat and pmt to TS recording (implies -r)
>
> I would guess that -r will just enable the dvr0 output so that you can
> record it by dumping it to a file, whereas -p will do the same plus pat
> and pmt which means that the stream will contain the necessary tables
> to select one of the channels (this pis probably needed by the app that
> will record/play the stream).
> IOn brief try both and see whihc one works ;-)
> HTH
> Bye
> Manu

Hi,

last time I tried -p did not work at all.

You are much better off, especially for none S2 HDTV, serious
broadcasters still watch the scene from there,  with what Nico
recommends for mplayer h.264/AVC.

But, to be honest, documentation is lousy so far ;)

This is not at all caused by mplayer, but we have a nice mixture here
anyway ;)

For the saa713x driver I'm quite sure now, it is not a driver issue if
BBC HD has troubles. I do say we are out of it. Doubts are welcome.

Wasted some money, but m$ and linux DVB-S scans are almost identically.

The all so much assumed better tda826x stuff on m$ is not there at all.

Messing around about it is very welcome ;)

Cheers,
Hermann