[linux-dvb] Checkinstall multiproto?

Jelle De Loecker skerit at kipdola.com
Wed Jul 23 13:22:38 CEST 2008

Hello again,

I'm trying to install the multiproto drivers using checkinstall. I'm
currently trying lots of different drivers through each other, and make
rminstall or make distclean never get ALL of the files out, so I want to
make a debian out of them to keep my system clean.

Making the deb is no problem.
Unfortunately, these drivers need to overwrite a certain file
(ir-common.ko) which is already in another, important, package
(linux-image-2.6.24-20-generic)

Could someone give any pointers how I could fix this?

root at HTPC-MYTH:/opt/dvb/multiproto# dpkg -i *.deb
(Database inlezen ... 137231 bestanden en mappen geïnstalleerd.)
Uitpakken van multiproto (uit multiproto_7207-1_i386.deb) ...
dpkg: fout bij afhandelen van multiproto_7207-1_i386.deb (--install):
poging tot overschrijven van
`/lib/modules/2.6.24-20-generic/kernel/drivers/media/common/ir-common.ko',
wat ook in pakket linux-image-2.6.24-20-generic zit
dpkg-deb: subproces paste werd gedood door signaal (Gebroken pijp)
Fouten gevonden tijdens behandelen van:
multiproto_7207-1_i386.deb