[linux-dvb] dvb mpeg2?

Tim Farrington timf at iinet.net.au
Thu Jul 24 15:43:28 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Got there:

Filetype is MPEG2-TS (generic PES Container)

Need to use mplayer, projectx to ascertain this.

This is what I have just done to achieve an a/v sync perfect, edited,
recorded dvb file:

1. Run file through project-x; divides files into *.mp2 (MPEG audio
stream), *.m2v (video stream),
   (plus for HDTV *.ac3 (for Dolby Digital aka AC3 stream))
projectx rec-file.mpeg => rec-file.m2v rec-file.mp2

2. Run *.mp2 *.m2v through mplex to recombine into PS format
mplex -f 8 -o rec-file-a.mpeg rec-file.m2v rec-file.mp2 => rec-file-a.mpeg

3. Edit resultant file with avidemux on I-Frames while retaining a/v
sync => rec-file-a-a.mpeg

And it produces a perfect new file!

My huge thanks to you all for your assistance.

Regards,
Tim Farrington