[linux-dvb] DVICO firmware compatibility between v4l-dvb and in-tree kernel drivers

Devin Heitmueller devin.heitmueller at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 13:49:04 CEST 2008

Hello Markus,

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 1:59 AM, Markus Rechberger
> I'm just curious is there an xc3028L used within that device or the normal one?

I know the XC3028L is pin compatible with the XC3028, but did they
change the revision number of the part as returned in register 0x04?
I haven't had a chance to look at any devices with the 3028L, but If
they did change the revision (such as from v1.0 to 1.1), then it would
be very easy to change the tuner_dbg() line to report it as an XC3028L
as opposed to just an XC3028 (making it easier for users to tell us in
the future).

Regards,

Devin

--