[linux-dvb] How to record whole TS?

vijet m coolvijet at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 07:03:33 CEST 2008

Hi,

Sorry to interrupt your discussion but I have a question regarding recording
of MPEG2 streams.
As Kurt said, if you set pesfilter with output as DMX_OUT_TS_TAP and pass
the pid, it will record the streams corresponding
to that pid. So, if I pass audio and video pid, then it will record only the
audio and video streams.
I wanted to know how to record the DVB SI/PSI tables corresponding to the
streams I'm recording.
Do I have to pass the pids of the tables I want to record or is there some
other way?
Right now, I'm using the pid value 0x2000 for setting pes filter which is
proving to be computationally intensive and consuming lot of CPU.
Please help.

Thanks in advance,
       Vijet M