[linux-dvb] About Avermedia DVB-S Hybrid+FM A700

Eduard Huguet eduardhc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 12:59:01 CEST 2008

Hi,
    If you managed to get a channel list from Kaffeine then the card is
mostly working, if I'm not wrong. I mean, if the driver is able to tune to
the satellite frequency and get the channel list names, then it should be
also capable of receiving the video / audio stream.

Maybe I'm wrong, but check that you are trying to see FTA (Free to Air,
non-encrypted) channels and that you have a valid MPEG-2 decoder installed.
Also try to listen to a non-encripted DVB-S radio channel. If it works, then
it's possibly a video codec problem.

Best regards,
  Eduard Huguet