[linux-dvb] How to get a PCTV Sat HDTC Pro USB (452e) running?

Jens Krehbiel-Gräther linux-dvb at okg-computer.de
Thu Jun 5 09:24:56 CEST 2008

Hi Michael!

Because of the several patches needed to add support for the
pctv_452e/tt_s2_3600/tt_s2_3650_ci I made a new diff on todays hg tree
with all the patches applied (I think all the patches were posted by
Dominik Kuhlen??).
I will try to update the wiki in the next days.

Couldn't these patches be inserted into hg-tree (Manu??). The device
works with them (i am using it a few months now).

I applied ONE patch wich includes all the patches listed here:

Also I attached ONE patch for dvb-apps to get (only SCAN AND SZAP!!)
working with DVB API 3.3.
For this you have to copy version.h and frontend.h from
into your system include patch (and replace the originals with them).
After that scan and szap will compile (all the other stuff fro dvb-apps
won't compile any more!!).

So just do the following:

1. hg clone http://www.jusst.de/hg/multiproto
2. cd into multiproto and run "patch -p1 <
patch_add_pctv452e_tt_s2_36x0.diff" (attached here)
3. run "make" and "make install"
4. hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/dvb-apps
5. cd into dvb-apps and run "patch -p1 < patch_sca_szap.diff" (attached
6. copy version.h and frontend.h
7. cd into dvb-apps/util/<scan,szap> and run "make"

That should work.