[linux-dvb] Mantis VP-2040 (Terratec Cinergy C PCI) Remote Control Support

Sebastian B seb.linuxtv at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 5 15:34:50 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm quite new to this mailing list. So maybe somebody posted something
similar but I haven't found it here.

I have a Terratec Cinergy C PCI. AFAIK this is an clone of Mantis VP-2040.

I'm using the mantis driver from http://jusst.de/hg/mantis.

Unfortunately there's no remote control support for any mantis chip type.

So I wrote a patch for the mantis driver version 0b04be0c088a which enables
remote control support for Mantis VP-2040.

The patch is basically an extension of the remote patch for the VP-2033 I
found on this mailing list.

It's not perfect yet, but it's working without any problems on my system.

Here's how it works:

1. Download version 0b04be0c088a from http://jusst.de/hg/mantis

2. tar jfx mantis-0b04be0c088a.tar.bz2

3. cd mantis-0b04be0c088a

4. patch -p1 < mantis-patch-0b04be0c088a

5. compile and install it like usually

If somebody has any improvements or suggestions, please let me know.

Maybe Manu can add remote control support in future releases?

Best Regards,

Sebastian