[linux-dvb] DViCO FusionHDTV 5 Lite, Latest Kernel Drivers, & Video Corruption

Matthew Redmon mredmon at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 06:49:52 CEST 2008

Hi!  I've been trying to get my two DViCO FusionHDTV 5 Lite cards working
with a new install of FC9.  Everything seems to work just fine except that
the video I get from the cards is corrupt (see video at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH1tsiPB8us).  I know the cards are fine, as
they worked on this machine previously using FC5 and they currently work if
I boot into Windows XP.

I am using the drivers included in the 2.6.25.3-18 kernel to record QAM-256
cable from Comcast in Seattle, WA.

The cards are correctly auto-detected as card 135 with tuners 0043 & 0061.
I scanned for channels using dvb-apps and used a script to cut down the ~250
channels found to just those that would tune (presumably, the unencrypted
channels).  Of those 56, they all have the corruption seen in the video.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

~Matt