[linux-dvb] Building v4l-dvb on mythbuntu (kernel 2.6.24-16-generic)

bvidinli bvidinli at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 14:13:27 CEST 2008

i also use mythbuntu and try  to install v4l-dvb drivers...

as far as i learned, ubuntu uses a non-standard way to organize
directories related to media and dvb, in /lib/modules
mythbuntu is based on ubuntu, so the same should be considered.

so, i had written a small script that get, compile, install v4l-dvb on
ubuntu systems.
i attached it,
it may not be functioning correct fully...

but, it gives idea about what should be done on ubuntu,..

2008/6/6 victor rajewski <askvictor at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Blacky <linux-dvb at blackdog.shacknet.nu> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all
>>
>> I've been using v4l-dvb build tree for a while, and recently installed
>> mythbuntu.
>>
>> I pulled the latest release from the repository, and after building and
>> installing
>> the modules I get an error while booting (or specifically, while loading
>> module tuner_xc2028
>> during start-up)
>
> Apparently the driver is included in 2.6.25. I haven't tried it
> though. If you wanted you could pull the kernel out of the PPA
> repository. But if you're using nvidia graphics, that has problems
> with 2.6.25 - needs a patch to work.
>
> vik

İ.Bahattin Vidinli
Elk-Elektronik Müh.
iletisim bilgileri (Tercih sirasina gore):
skype: bvidinli (sesli gorusme icin, www.skype.com)
msn: bvidinli at iyibirisi.com
yahoo: bvidinli

+90.532.7990607