[linux-dvb] How to get a PCTV Sat HDTC Pro USB (452e) running?

Jens Krehbiel-Gräther linux-dvb at okg-computer.de
Fri Jun 6 22:29:08 CEST 2008

Hi!

Hm... that should work for scan... :-(

For szap you have to download

http://abraham.manu.googlepages.com/szap.c
then applie the api-v3.3 patch and compile it. This should work too.

Or download the hg tree of dvb-apps and apply the attached patch on the whole tree. After that go to the scan and szap directory and run "make".
This works for me.

Jens

Michael Schöller schrieb:
> [...]
>> dir to like szap and run "make" it should only compile szap.
>>
>> Faruk
>>

>> 2008/6/6 Michael Schöller <michael.schoeller at schoeller-soft.net>:
>>
>>> Well that worked! I was able to compile the drivers. :)
>>>
>>> And the bad news. I wasn't able to compile dvb-apps. Or to be more specific
>>> I followed the instructions for patching dvb-apps to work with multiproto. (
>>>
>>> http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2008-April/025222.html)
>>>
>>> As I understand the instructions I copied the source code of scan to the
>>> dvb-apps/util/scan directory and applied the patch on it. After a little
>>> extra change for the includes (changed them to point to the ones of
>>> multiproto). I was able to compile the hole stuff without errors. However
>>> scan always gives me an DVBFE_SET_PARAMS ioctl fail with "Invalid argument".
>>> After some time I give up on and tried to patch szap. Well szap seems to be
>>> a wrong version since even used structures in the source code has different
>>> names than the ones in the patch file. I got dvb-apps with hg from
>>> linuxtv.org.
>>>
>>> I'm really down now my hope to get this damn thing running before the first
>>> EM match is now not present. Good by HDTV quality games hello PAL...
>>>
>>> *schniff*
>>>

>>> Faruk A schrieb:
>>>
>>> Hi Michael!
>>>
>>> I was having the same problem too, this is what i did.
>>> All i need is pctv 452e drivers and don't care for the rest.
>>> you can do this in couples of ways.. first you can run "make menuconfig"
>>> and unselect whatever drivers thats troubling you.
>>> I did that but after cx25840-core there is another one after that another
>>> drivers.... then i did  the ugly way works 100%
>>>
>>> cd to multiproto/linux/drivers/media/video
>>> and rename the Makefile to like Makefile_
>>> after this i won't compile any analog drivers and it will compile dvb
>>> and radio drivers.
>>> if you don't what radio too do the same thing to radio dir.
>>>
>>> Faruk
>>>

>>> 2008/6/6 Michael Schöller <michael.schoeller at schoeller-soft.net>:
>>>

>>> Well fine thanks,
>>>
>>> I already have applied the patches and tried to compile multiproto...
>>> Well it now gives me an compile error
>>> --------------
>>> In file included from /usr/src/multiproto/v4l/cx25840-core.c:42:
>>> /usr/src/multiproto/v4l/../linux/include/media/v4l2-i2c-drv-legacy.h: In
>>> function 'v4l2_i2c_drv_init':
>>> /usr/src/multiproto/v4l/../linux/include/media/v4l2-i2c-drv-legacy.h:197:
>>> warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
>>> /usr/src/multiproto/v4l/cx25840-core.c: At top level:
>>> /usr/src/multiproto/v4l/cx25840-core.c:71: error: conflicting type
>>> qualifiers for 'addr_data'
>>> /usr/src/multiproto/v4l/../linux/include/media/v4l2-i2c-drv-legacy.h:41:
>>> error: previous declaration of 'addr_data' was here
>>> make[3]: *** [/usr/src/multiproto/v4l/cx25840-core.o] Error 1
>>> make[2]: *** [_module_/usr/src/multiproto/v4l] Error 2
>>> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/ps3-linux'
>>> make[1]: *** [default] Fehler 2
>>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/multiproto/v4l'
>>> make: *** [all] Fehler 2
>>> --------------
>>> That does not look like an simple changed function/code error.
>>>
>>> Michael
>>>

>>> Dominik Kuhlen schrieb:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> On Thursday 05 June 2008, Jens Krehbiel-Gräther wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi Michael!
>>>
>>> Because of the several patches needed to add support for the
>>> pctv_452e/tt_s2_3600/tt_s2_3650_ci I made a new diff on todays hg tree
>>> with all the patches applied (I think all the patches were posted by
>>> Dominik Kuhlen??).
>>> I will try to update the wiki in the next days.
>>>
>>> Couldn't these patches be inserted into hg-tree (Manu??). The device
>>> works with them (i am using it a few months now).
>>>
>>> I applied ONE patch wich includes all the patches listed here:
>>> patch_multiproto_pctv452e_tts23600.diff
>>> patch_multiproto_dvbs2_frequency.diff
>>> patch_fix_tts2_keymap.diff
>>> patch_add_tt_s2_3650_ci.diff