[linux-dvb] Smit CAM problems

Dan Lita dan.lita at sttcr.org
Thu Jun 12 19:53:38 CEST 2008

Dear Vladimir,

I took a closer look on the CI-CAM adapter from Technotrend.
There is a 3.3V voltage regulator (LM1117 DT 3.3V)

Similar, on the AD-SP400 it seems to be also a 3.3V voltage regulator (marked 1084-33PE).
4046 board from Twinhan/Azurewave.

According to SMIT operation voltage for their modules is 4.5 to 5.5V

If in both cards the CAM takes power after these rectifiers
you cannot have a guaranteed operation.

Dan