[linux-dvb] Firmware error for Asus MyCinema P7131H (NXP)

Francesco ml at punkrockworld.it
Mon Jun 16 11:56:30 CEST 2008

Hi,
   I've a problem with new version of MyCinema 7131H, one with NXP chip
(saa7131E, tda10046A).

On boot, system fail to load firmware for tda10046, showing a wrong
firmware revision number (normally 80, but sometimes other numbers).

If I reboot (not shutdown & power up!), or if I unload all saa7134*
modules from memory and reload saa7134-dvb, firmware is loaded correctly
with revision 20...

Note: I never had this problem with old Philips-brand Asus P7131H.

thanks in advance,
Francesco Ferrario

IT Manager Chimera project
www.chimeratv.it