[linux-dvb] Lifeview Trio remote control: keys being read but even not notified?

Nico Sabbi Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it
Tue Jun 17 16:03:27 CEST 2008

Hi,
trying the patch for the remote control of the Lifeview Trio I
encountered a curious situation:
using printk() I can see that the function that reads the keypresses
actually reads and returns the keys, but running

$ cat /dev/input/ir

doesn't print anything at all when I press the buttons.
Of course lirc doesn't work, either.

cat on all other eventN devices works well.

Is there some other code that needs to be added to that patch?

P.S. Lifeview seems to have closed the doors and its site.
Does anyone have a link to a recent mirror of their drivers
and application for windows, please?

Thanks,
              Nico