[linux-dvb] ASUS My-Cinema remote patch

hermann pitton hermann-pitton at arcor.de
Wed Jun 18 00:14:33 CEST 2008

Am Dienstag, den 17.06.2008, 22:28 +0300 schrieb Bozhan Boiadzhiev:

> whatever ...
> adding option saa7134 card=78
> solve all of my problems :)
> my card doesn't have dvb but that is all difference with card 78
>
> thanks

Oh, sorry.

Thought this was clear, since all recent saa713x Asus stuff comes from
that one including support for the new remote and that is what was
always used for the analog only one too.

However, when discussing the autodetection of your card, Hartmut meant
the better solution is to have a own entry for your card and I think he
is right.

The pitfall with the current framework and duplicate PCI subsystem is,
that eeprom detection needs already working i2c and from there is no way
back for IR setup.

Have fun,

Hermann