[linux-dvb] cx23885 driver and DMA timeouts

Steven Toth stoth at linuxtv.org
Sat Jun 21 14:54:39 CEST 2008

> As soon as I try to access both cards at the same time it breaks and
> only a full computer restart will fix it, i have tried unloading all the
> modules that I can find that this card uses and loading them again. I
> get the syslog attached below (cx23885 with debug =1).  It doesn't
> matter what progam i use to access them (tried gxine, totem, mythtv) it
> all works the same, only one at a time or it breaks.

If the vidb and vidc (ts1 / ts2) bridge streams each single channel
correctly, but not both together then this is either a sram
configuration issue (the risc engine's workspace is being corrupted by
another risc channel), or your system has a pcie compatibility issue.

I've seen both of these issues in the past.

I don't have a hardware product with demodulators on vidb and c, so
that's not something I can repro.

Can you dual boot the same system under windows and remove any pcie
compatibility doubts?

- Steve