[linux-dvb] Dposh DVB-T USB2.0 seems to not work properly

Andrew Websdale websdaleandrew at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 23 13:14:08 CEST 2008

2008/6/19 Andrew Websdale <websdaleandrew at googlemail.com>:

> 2008/6/19 Antti Palosaari <crope at iki.fi>:
>

>> Looks like small changes to m9206 driver is needed. MT2060 tuner needs
>> IF1, i2c-address and output clock bit (0/1 if I remeber correctly..).
>> Those can be seen from windows sniffs or by guessing / testing. IF1 is
>> easy to set default one, 1220, wrong IF1 only decreases performance. If
>> there is eeprom used then value is normally read from there, otherwose
>> just set default. clock is easy to test. I don´t know how many i2c-address
>> are supported by chip, but most probably there is not too many. Hopefully
>> only 4. You can look from specs or from other drivers what i2c-addresses
>> are used for mt2060. I think it will take 2-10 test to find correct values
>> by trial and error method.

I've tried adding the mt2060 code - it compiles OK & does seem to be nearly
right,the tuner is being recognised, but I think loading the module causes
the I2c bit of the kernel to Oops - would an incorrect i2c address cause
this?
When I get back from work I'll post my code changes & dmesg output if it
helps
regards Andrew