[linux-dvb] Problems with Terratec Cinergy Piranha

barry bouwsma free_beer_for_all at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 25 10:05:44 CEST 2008

Sorry for breaking the References: header; I'm pasting between
web browsers here, and this message was posted before I suscirbed

Esa Hyytia wrote:

> I bought today this USB stick (187f:0010) and tried to get it work in 32-bit Ub
> untu 8.04:

>  - Driver snapshot from today (http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mkrufky/siano)
>  - Firmware is extracted from driver-cd (same as from terratec.net)
>  - I also changed 'default_mode' to 0 in smscoreapi.c

That's your mistake -- now for DVB-T the default mode needs to be
left as 4 (that's DVBT-DBA-drivers; how that specifically differs
from mode 0 DVB-T I have no idea, but that's the way it is now)

Only mode 4 will work with yesterday's /siano snapshot, even
though the firmware is the same -- you'll also need to rename the
firmware to what the code expects:
dvbt_bda_stellar_usb.inp

There appears to be another copy of the smsdvb code in a repository
called somehow `hd' which differs slightly; the only difference I
looked at is one which I needed to apply for my 2.6.24-era kernel.
I need to look more closely at what else differs.
Hope that helps...
barry bouwsma