[linux-dvb] Re : Re : How to solve the TT-S2-3200 tuning problems?

Daniel dvenion at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 29 09:56:17 CEST 2008

manu <eallaud <at> yahoo.fr> writes:

> AFAIK there are only HD channels on this transponder. FEC is 5/6
> instead of the more common 3/4 for all other transponders. And that's
> the only difference. I do not understand why this could be a problem
> for tuning to the transponder.
> And I tried to tune to frequencies between 11485 and 11505 MHz, whereas
> the freq is advertised as 11495MHz. With no luck: not a single lock.
> For the other transponders lock is fast and reliabke.
> One more thing, the symbol rate is the same across all transponders,
> 30MBauds.
> Do you have an idea about solving this, or at least how to get useful
> info.
> Bye
> Manu

Sad enough I have no clue how to solve this. I have this problem too with with a
couple of transponders that just holds mpeg4 channels. But they are DVB-S2 with
8PSK mod, FEC 3/4 and symbolrate 25000 and 30000.
12128, 12015, 11434 and 11421 on Thor 5 1.0W are the ones that are problematic
for me.

//Daniel