[linux-dvb] hvr-1300 analog audio question

Simon Farnsworth simon.farnsworth at onelan.co.uk
Mon Jun 30 11:24:20 CEST 2008

yoshi watanabe wrote:
> hello.
> i'm using hauppauge hvr-1300 to receive video signal from playstation2
> console, pal model. video is just fine, but i'm having strange audio
> issues, but judging by some searching i did - that's pretty common
> with this card , although people have varied experience with the card.

I've had similar issues with SAA7134 based cards, which were resolved by
  changing audio parameters.

If your problem is the same as mine was, try:
arecord --format=S16 \
         --rate=32000 \
         --period-size=8192 \
         --buffer-size=524288 | aplay

This forces 32kHz sampling, and gives the card lots of buffer space to
play with.
Simon Farnsworth