[linux-dvb] Mantis VP-2033 remote control patch ported for Manu's Mantis tree

Pauli Borodulin pauli at borodulin.fi
Mon Mar 3 22:45:24 CET 2008

Heya!

Kristian Slavov posted a patch[1] to enable remote controller support on
Mantis VP-2033 for almost a year ago. Since then, I have not seen any
new versions of this patch, but since Manu's current Mantis driver[2]
works pretty well and I have such card, I decided to port the old patch
for the current tree. The patch is attached.

I modified the original patch a bit: The ir keymap is now contained in
the Mantis driver instead of media/common/ir-keymaps.c, because I saw no
   point in putting it under common. This may well be incorrect... :)

I have tested the patch using Manu's tree from 2008-02-27, Linux
2.6.24.3, VDR 1.5.17 and vdr-remote 0.4.0. Here's some tips to get it
working:

1. Get a snapshot of Manu's tree from http://www.jusst.de/hg/mantis/

2. Extract the tree and apply the patch:

tar jfx mantis-a9ecd19a37c9.tar.bz2
cd mantis-a9ecd19a37c9
patch -p1 < mantis-rc.patch

3. Compile, install and so on...

make
make install

The remote control will be visible through /dev/input/eventX. If you are
not sure which one is it, try "cat /dev/input/eventX" for each, press
some rc buttons and see if you get some (probably binary) output. To use
the remote control with VDR you will need something like vdr-remote[3].

Have fun!

[1] http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2007-April/017279.html
[2] http://www.jusst.de/hg/mantis/
[3] http://www.escape-edv.de/endriss/vdr/