[linux-dvb] HVR-1800 failing to detect any QAM256 channels

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Thu May 1 02:20:43 CEST 2008

Eric Cronin wrote:

> On Apr 30, 2008, at 2:36 PM, Michael Krufky wrote:
>

>>> Eric,
>>>
>>> When you use the scan command to scan for QAM channels, you must
>>> specify -a2, to signify that you are scanning digital cable.
>>>
>>> Try that -- does that work?
>>

>> My bad -- I meant, "-A 2"  (capitol A, space, 2)

scan -A 2 -vvv dvb-apps/util/scan/atsc/us-Cable-Standard-whatever >
channels.conf

Is THAT what you're doing to scan ?

It looks like what you were doing was scan a tuned frequency for pids.
If you want to do THAT, then you must actually be tuned to the given
frequency.  you need to azap SOME_CHANNEL -r, and keep that running
before attempting to run 'scan -c' ...  I think you should try the scan
command that I mentioned above.

HTH,

Mike