[linux-dvb] Multiproto annoying compilation error

Jelle De Loecker skerit at kipdola.com
Fri May 23 00:09:04 CEST 2008

Hi again,

I've recently declared success on installing the multiproto drivers on
LinuxMCE 0710 (kubuntu 7.10)
After a lot of hard work, I created a guide which did it like a charm (
http://skerit.kipdola.com/?p=5&language=en )

My guide instructs you to use the older multiproto version, which makes
scan work and all.

Now, I reinstalled linuxmce again, but I mistakenly installed the newer
multiproto_plus version, like previously, nothing loaded:

    [   76.128799] saa7146: register extension 'budget_ci dvb'.
    [   76.238955] Linux video capture interface: v2.00
    [   76.671737] saa7146: register extension 'dvb'.

No bad, I expected it to load nothing.
So I remove all the modules, I delete every bit of source code, I try to
use my own guide and I get *absolutely nothing*!

    [  192.299179] saa7146: register extension 'budget_ci dvb'.

I've rebooted so many times I've lost count! I've removed all the
drivers again, rebooted, reinstalled, it just won't load again!

I refuse to reinstall linuxmce just so I can install the right drivers
from the beginning.

Does anyone have *any* idea as to why it's not working? I'm really
getting desperate.