[linux-dvb] Switching mono/stereo at runtime in saa7134 (audio_ddep) ?

Håkon Alstadheim hakon at alstadheim.priv.no
Tue May 27 21:15:18 CEST 2008

This might be OT, since it concerns the analog bits of the saa7134
driver. If so I'd be grateful for directions to the correct forum.

My issue:
I experience a "warble" in the audio on some (weak) NICAM stereo
channels. The only way to make the sound bareable is to load the kernel
module with  audio_ddep=4 (I'm in Norway).  This disables the nicam
sound and uses the old-fashioned mono. I'm wondering if there is a way
to turn the NICAM sound back on selectively without disturbing my
recording ? I.e. I would like the effect of reloading the  saa7134
module without the audio_ddep option, without actually unloading the
module.

This would of course be unneeded if the automatic switching between mono
and stereo on a weak signal was a tiny bit less trigger-happy,
suggestions for how to adjust the thresholds would of course be even better.