[linux-dvb] Remote HID device repeating keys problem [SOLVED]

Alain Kalker miki at dds.nl
Wed Nov 12 01:39:41 CET 2008

When I was testing my patch to support the Digittrade DVB-T USB Stick
remote, I experienced a problem with remote keys repeating until I hit a
key on the keyboard, similar to the problem with the Nova-T-500 remote.
My guess that it had something to do with the additional HID device the
stick registers for the remote turned out to be right.

I created the file /etc/modprobe.d/usbhid containing:

options usbhid quirks=0x15a4:0x9016:0x4

to have the usbhid module ignore the HID device on the stick completely.
After running 'sudo update-initrd -u' and rebooting: no more key
repeats :-)

Note: you need to be running Linux kernel 2.6.22 or higher for this to
work.

Alain