[linux-dvb] Remote HID device repeating keys problem [SOLVED]

Alain Kalker miki at dds.nl
Wed Nov 12 02:12:56 CET 2008

#include <latenightdisclaimer.h>

Op woensdag 12-11-2008 om 01:39 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Alain
Kalker:
> When I was testing my patch to support the Digittrade DVB-T USB Stick
> remote, I experienced a problem with remote keys repeating until I hit a
> key on the keyboard, similar to the problem with the Nova-T-500 remote.
> My guess that it had something to do with the additional HID device the
> stick registers for the remote turned out to be right.
>
> I created the file /etc/modprobe.d/usbhid containing:
>
> options usbhid quirks=0x15a4:0x9016:0x4

options usbhid quirks=0x<VendorID>:0x<ProductID>:0x4

> to have the usbhid module ignore the HID device on the stick completely.
> After running 'sudo update-initrd -u' and rebooting: no more key

That should be 'sudo update-initramfs -u' (or whatever your distro uses
to update the kernel initramfs).
Reason you need to do this: the usbhid module gets loaded very early in
the boot process (to service USB keyboards), so the module options need
to be in the initrd, not just the root partition.

Alain