[linux-dvb] Can't record an encrypted channel and watch another in the same bouquet. (also teletext doesn't work for encrypted channels)

Simon Siemonsma simon at siemonsma.name
Sat Oct 4 10:09:26 CEST 2008

On Friday 3 October 2008 19:00:03 you wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Oct 2008, Simon Siemonsma wrote:
> > I understood:
> >
> > -teletext is encrypted in the Netherlands while it normaly shouldn't.
>
> I don't think so -- I've had no problems viewing NOS-text with
> a FTA receiver -- if you could give me names of particular
> channels from which you want to view ttx, I can check at
> 19E2 or 23E5 (DVB-S).
>
> It could be that some subscription services do encrypt the
> teletext, as I've seen that with a few other channels.
>

> thanks,
> barry bouwsma

I understand you are saying that teletext is not encrypted on satelite
broadcasting aimed for the Netherlands.
P. van Gaans understood from my problems that I must be living in the
Netherlands. As teletext on Digitenne is encrypted contrary to what is
normally done.
So you are talking about DVB-S (Canal digital) while I'm talking about DVB-T
(Digitenne).

Simon Siemonma