[linux-dvb] stb0899 and tt s2-3200

Hans Werner HWerner4 at gmx.de
Sat Oct 11 15:46:00 CEST 2008

> В сообщении от 11 October 2008 05:12:09 Hans Werner
> написал(а):
> > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> >
> > > Datum: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 00:00:25 +0300
> > > Von: "Igor M. Liplianin" <liplianin at tut.by>
> > > An: linux-dvb at linuxtv.org, Steven Toth <stoth at linuxtv.org>, Steven
> Toth
> > > <stoth at hauppauge.com>, Darron Broad <darron at kewl.org>, Manu Abraham
> > > <abraham.manu at gmail.com>, vdr at linuxtv.org Betreff: [linux-dvb] stb0899
> > > and tt s2-3200
> > >
> > > I successfully ported stb0899 to S2API
> > > For know it is just for testing purposes. Feel free to test it.
> > > Any feedback welcome.
> > > Locking better with szap-s2 (sorry)
> > > I have tested with DVB-S2 8PSK and DVB-S 27500 kSyms/s
> > >
> > > http:/mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/s2-liplianin
> > > http:/mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/szap-s2
> > >
> > > --
> > > Igor M. Liplianin
> >
> > Igor,
> >
> > the attached patch (against
> > http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/s2-liplianin) adds S2API support
> for
> > the STB0899+Mantis based cards such as the
> > Twinhan VP-1041 (also known as Azurewave AD SP400 or Technisat Skystar
> HD2)
> >
> > Could you please add it to your s2-liplianin repository?
> >
> > It includes Mantis PCI bridge, CU1216 and Fujitsu MB86A16 DVB-S/DSS DC
> > Receiver support.
> >
> > It is the same as the code from Manu Abraham's mantis tree at
> > http://jusst.de/hg/mantis, so thanks to Manu.
> >
> > I tested with the Twinhan VP-1041.
> > Channel locking works for me for some (but not yet all) channels with
> Same with my s2-3200, so I marked the driver like experimental( I must say
> almost useless, as my favorite channel unwatchable) for now.

The patch I sent doesn't change any stb0899 or stb6100 code of course -- it just
adds chip support which was absent -- so we should expect the same results I guess.

> I quickly ported to S2 API + s2-3200 that code:
> http://www.twinhan.com/files/AW/Linux/AZLinux_v1.4.2_CI_FC6.tar.gz
> And it locks every channel (???),

That's good news.

By the way, there are differences between the mantis, cu1216 and mb86a16 code
at jusst.de and twinhan.com too.

>but stream appears broken, though I can
> see,
> that channel is right.

Not so good but fixable I guess by comparing the two drivers.

> It is necessary to make driver stable, then to add anything.

Understood. Hopefully there is enough code out there already to be able to put
together a working driver.

> Regards
> Igor

Thanks,