[linux-dvb] v4l-dvb gspca modules conflict with standalone gspca module

Eduard Huguet eduardhc at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 12:16:28 CEST 2008

Hi, Matthias
   That's an interesting thing to know :D. Last week I upgraded to 2.6.26
and noticed that my webcam stopped working for some unknown reason, even if
I reemerged gspcav package to recompile the drivers. The webcam appears in
Kopete (KDE4) devices list, but I get no image from it.

Do you think it might be related to this (i.e. I need to emerge that new
library they were talking about)? I initially thought it was KDE4 Kopete's
fault, but maybe it's not.

Best regards,
  Eduard

PS: BTW, the drivers you wrote for the AverMedia DVB-S Pro (A700) work
rock-solid for me. Any hope they get merged into the DVB tree anytime soon?