[linux-dvb] Support for Samsung SMT7020

Mauro Carvalho Chehab mchehab at infradead.org
Thu Oct 30 11:33:12 CET 2008

Hi Helmut,

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 20:13:02 +0100
Helmut Auer <vdr at helmutauer.de> wrote:

> Hello List
>
> The attached patch (written by Dirk Herrendoerfer) adds support for the
> builtin tuner of the samsung smt7020 box ( based on an Intel830 board ).
> It would be fine to see this one inside the v4l tree.

Only today I noticed your patch, after starting to use a tool that digs patches
at the ML and creates a queue.

This patch have a few troubles:

1) It lacks your SOB (and also Dirk's SOB);

2) the smt7020 frontend code should be outside cx88-dvb. You need to create a
separate module for this frontend, like for example cx24123.c;

3) there are a few CodingStyle errors.

Please review and submit it again.

Cheers,
Mauro