[linux-dvb] [OT] Re: Aver saa7135 cards.

Krzysztof Burghardt krzysztof at burghardt.pl
Mon Sep 1 10:28:39 CEST 2008

2008/9/1 Wieslaw Kierbedz <mincho at interia.pl>:
> By the way.
> I thought about MPEG4/H.264 section on wiki pages. In Poland DVB-T+ is
> most used standard.

AFAIN there is no _official_ directive or standard for DVB in Poland.
There is a only a recommendation form UKE [1]. In short, minimal
requirements are DVB-T (v1), MPEG-4 AVC (aka H.264) and DolbyDigital+
(EAC3).

Second recommendation is from GIGEiT [2]. It contains more detailed
parameters for both "SD" and "HD".

> But at this moment due to PFAF interlacing I had to use commercial codec.
> I can write a little howto, but it would be some free advertising for
> core avc.
> Do you think it has some sens?

Sure, every how-to is welcome.

[1] http://www.urtip.gov.pl/uke/index.jsp?place=Lead01&news_cat_id=168&news_id=3057&layout=3&page=text