[linux-dvb] Fine tuning app ?

Andy Burns linuxtv.lists at burns.me.uk
Thu Sep 4 11:07:08 CEST 2008

2008/9/4 Glenn McGrath <glenn.l.mcgrath at gmail.com>:

> I did a lot of digging and found i need to check somewhere within
> 125kHz of the center frequency (usually center +125kHz is best), if i
> just check the center frequency my tv card doesnt even get a lock.

Don't know if it's relevant or useful, but in the UK each MUX is
transmitted with a channel offset of either -167kHz, zero, or +167kHz,
to avoid "overspill" to adjacent analogue channels (though I believe
they will persist after DSO) the details are available per transmitter
from the OFCOM site, e.g. Crystal Palace

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/reception_advice/digital_trans_guide/show_transmitter.asp-siteID=66.html