[linux-dvb] HVR-1500Q eeprom not being parsed correctly

barry bouwsma free_beer_for_all at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 10 05:56:38 CEST 2008

--- On Wed, 9/10/08, Steven Toth <stoth at linuxtv.org> wrote:

>  > kobject_add_internal failed for i2c-2 with -EEXIST, don't try to
>  > register things with the same name in the same directory.
>
> Ooh, that's nasty problem, this is new - and looks like
> it's i2c related.
>
> Why does this sound familiar? Anyone?

It's probably completely unrelated, but I see this (apparently
harmless) similar message when I boot from my stock 2.6.18-ish
snapshot kernel.

Actual dmesg there being
Jun 29 01:22:19 localhost kernel: [   75.960000] kobject_add failed for usbdev4.3_ep81 with -EEXIST, don't try to register things with the same name in the same directory.

Maybe that's why it's familiar; maybe I'm just wasting valuable
e-mail.  I dunno.  It sure freaked me out then (in spite of
not adversely affecting anything).

Anyway, ignore this message.
thanks.
barry.  bouwsma.